This post contains affiliate links. This recipe was brought to us by Huron House Bed and Breakfast.
I know, earlier this week I was telling you about being good and going back to Keto, but this recipe has been in my inbox and I just can’t help but to share it. Besides, maybe you can use a recipe from Keto Bread to make that waffle keto friendly or substitute in some almond flour for regular flour? I mean, c’mon with this one!
Chorizo Bacon Waffle with Chili Butter
- 1 package of chorizo
- 1 ¾ cup of AP flour (looking to sub in almond flour? This is my favorite!)
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup of milk
- 1 full bunch of green onions, diced
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 pieces of bacon
- Chili Butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- First, plug in your waffle iron (this one is a little pricy but so good for families that make waffles on the regular!) and let it heat up.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo for about 2-minutes or until it starts to releaseits juices. Set aside on a plate.
- Next, fry up the bacon slices, let cool and chop into crumbles.
- Assemble your waffle batter. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and egg. Mix slowly and gradually add in the milk. Be careful not to overmix, batter should be thick and slightly lumpy. Once mixed, fold in the chorizo, bacon crumbles, green onions and cheddar cheese.
- To make the chili butter, place the slightly softened butter in a bowl and add the diced green chilis. (green chilies are spicy so you can add as much or as little as you would like). With a mixer beat the butter for about 2 minutes.
- To make the waffle, place a half a cup of batter into the center of the waffle iron, close the lid and cook according to your iron directions or until waffle is golden brown.
- Top the waffles with chili butter, cheddar cheese, bacon crumbles and green onions.
*Also great with slightly warmed maple syrup
About Huron House
Located on the beach of Lake Huron between Tawas and Oscoda, the Huron House is an award-winning 14 room luxury Bed and Breakfast lakefront destination with stunning Lake Huron views and direct beach access. Huron House features King beds, private decks, fireplaces, personal hot tubs and Jacuzzi tubs, and daily breakfast delivered to guestrooms. Privacy and individual attention define the Huron House experience.
The Huron House Bed and Breakfast is located at 3124 North US-23, Oscoda, Michigan 48750. To make a reservation call (989) 739-9255 or visit www.huronhouse.com.