** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.** It’s official. I am back in a mood to craft! This is a really good sign, considering how the last few months have been for me. Last weekend I did some crafting with my best friend and her family/friends and was inspired by a big box print that said “Let’s Get Cozy”, but I didn’t want to spend the $$ on it and decided to make one of my own from DOLLAR TREE items!
Let’s Get Cozy
Isn’t it just adorable? Bonus, it is THREE DIMENSIONAL! Here’s what you’ll need to grab from your local Dollar Tree (or use their free ship to store option) to make your own version.
- 2 6×6 photo frames
- 1 pack of Christmas trees
- 1 wooden pain project – I love this little car, so on the “red truck” theme!
- 1 roll of wrapping paper (you’ll have a TON left)
- Modge Podge (YES, they sell mini bottles!)
I did use some craft supplies I had on hand that I don’t think you can get at Dollar Tree, so you might want to check out the best places to get them (though mine is Amazon if it isn’t at DT!):
- Acrylic paint set (this one is so versitle!)
- Paint Pens (these are great if you need to handletter)
- Foam Brushes (here’s a great value pack)
- Hot glue gun (how about this cordless one?!?!) + glue gun sticks
- E-6000 (this adhesive is new to me but it forms a crazy strong bond)
- Cut the wrapping paper to the size of the glass in your frames.
- Adhere wrapping paper to the glass using modge podge.
- While you’re waiting for that to dry, paint your wooden craft.
- When the paint dries, hot glue or E-6000 to adhere the tree to the top of the wooden craft and then adhere craft to one frame and tree to the other (you might need to do some squishing of the trees’ backs).
- Paint “Let’s Get Cozy” or another themed phrase on the other frame.
Are you inspired by this craft? Go ahead down the rabbit hole that I found last weekend and ask to join the Facebook Group “Dollar Tree DIY Projects” and share your favorite crafting from DT!